Hours: Full Time, 40-44 hours per week with occasional to frequent overtime
Shift: Must be available for all shifts, all days, including nights and weekends
Hourly Rate: $14.00/Hour; performance based salary review after successful completion of 3-month probationary period
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Head office in Ayr, Ontario. Job assignments are in various cities in the GTA and Southwestern Ontario. Must have own reliable transportation to Ayr location.
If you are mechanically-inclined, have the desire and ability to learn on the job and enjoy contributing in a team environment, then this is an excellent opportunity for you!
The Installer reports to the Operations Manager, and works under the supervision of our Lead Hands as part of a team responsible for moving, installing and reconfiguring office furniture systems at corporate client sites according to manufacturers’ instructions, drawings and blueprints.
Transportation between the deployment office in Ayr, Ontario and client job sites is provided. Candidates under consideration require their own reliable transportation to the Ayr office location, which is not currently accessible using regional public transportation systems
- Use hand tools to install and reconfigure office furniture according to manufacturers’ instructions, drawings and blueprints
- Perform minor repairs on site
- Perform general labour duties as required, including loading and offloading trucks
- Maintain professionalism in customer service and communication, as well as a clean, presentable appearance at all times
- Maintain clean work area, assist in cleanup at job sites
- Follow and enforce all McIntyre Health & Safety policies
- Any other duties as assigned
Must Have Job Skills:
- Ability to understand and execute instructions
- Mechanical aptitude; ability to use common hand tools and measurement equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (independently) frequently within a typical shift
- Basic arithmetic functions and accurate measurement skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Haves (not required)
- Previous relevant on-the-job experience: office furniture installation, renovation, carpentry, millwork installation or construction
- Experience in reading, understanding and explaining blueprints, diagrams / drawings
- Full set of common hand tools including 12- or 18-Volt Drill
This full-time position is eligible to participate in the following benefits programs once the eligibility requirements have been met:
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Emergency Out of Province / Out of Country Travel Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Registered Pension Plan (RPP) (Employee and Employer funded)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) (Employee funded)
- Smoking Cessation Program Assistance
- Payroll Deduction New Hire Tool / Drill Purchase Programs
- Uniform Purchase Voucher Program
Our employee onboarding begins with a comprehensive orientation to company policies and procedures, Health & Safety, Accessibility in the Workplace, and what to expect on the job, and continues with on-the job training.
Apply to become part of our growing team today!
Submit your up-to-date resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources as follows:
- Submit Electronically: McIntyre Group Office Services Inc. website: http://www.mcintyregrp.com/careers
- Drop off in person: 406 Harmony Road, Ayr, ON N0B 1E0
- Fax: (519) 740-6838
McIntyre is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in McIntyre, and will contact qualified candidates by phone or email to arrange an interview.